You may have heard about garlic in nail polish, but do you know if it actually works? Well we’ve put this experiment to the test to see if indeed, adding garlic to your clear nail polish will strengthen dry, brittle nails, and also make them grow. The answer? Absolutely yes! It’s said that Dominican women have the most beautiful, longest, and strongest nails you will ever see, and when asked, their answer is always garlic!
Well, thank you Dominican girls for letting us in on your tremendous little secret, due to the fact garlic works wonders for your nails!
Garlic in Nail Polish: YES it Works!
But do you understand why? Garlic is a herbal antiseptic and we’ve all used garlic as soon as in a whilst to get rid of a cold (garlic soup for bloodless and flu, anyone), due to the fact garlic gets rid of fungus and bacteria.
You may be saying though, that you don’t have nail fungus OR bacteria! Unfortunately, most people do though, even although you may also no longer be aware of it! This is one of the biggest motives why humans have brittle, breaking nails that won’t grow. Our arms and nails constantly come into contact with all types of dirt and dust on each day basis, and even if you DO wash your hands, the grime and bacteria can still disguise deep underneath the nails.
All that filth that gets trapped there can create a fungus that’s clearly invisible – however, this is what makes your nails so brittle! Therefore, garlic can help combat this fungus so your nails can, in the end, be healthy, strong, and long!
- Crush a garlic clove with the back of a knife and mince.
- Add the crushed garlic to a bottle of clear nail polish (base coat or top coat).
- Let the garlic set for 7-10 days in a dry, dark place. Shake every once in a while.
- After 7-10 days have elapsed, you may go ahead and use your polish as often as you like. The more often you use it, the faster your nails will start repairing themselves.
- Use as a base coat, a top coat, or both.
The smell will be there when you apply, but only for a second!